An Email Soap Opera
New from Workforce Junction Studios… just because we can always use a little entertainment to brighten our day.
Tune in to our email soap opera and watch as a lovable cast of characters weather a never-ending storm of market changes, client demands, complex technology, office romance, failures, and triumphs.
The 8 episodes in season 1 follow the exploits of Mellon Benefits & Associates, LLC located in the fictional city of Beansville, Nebraska. In their own way, each chratacter will overcome personal, social and business challenges to reach new levels of success – alone and together. Filled with drama, comedy and suspense, every episode is sure to touch the hearts and fire up the imaginations of employee benefit professionals everywhere.
Cast of Characters
- Walter Mellon: Agency principal, known as “the tinkerer” who is always looking to do things differently (not always better) determined to take the agency to the next level.
- Dee Zaster: Client service team leader and relationship guru yearning for recognition and a chance to change the world.
- Juan Manband: Producer with a (mostly) well-hidden inferiority complex who dreams of becoming more than a sales person.
- Cybil Wrights: Account manager with an eidetic memory who never forgets a name. She lives and breathes the lives of every client she serves.
- Earl E. Bird: Second-generation business owner striving to protect his parents’ legacy while following his own path for the business he has inherited.
- Ray Sersharpe: Relationship-first zealot who’s dedicated his life to making technology work for people like our cast of characters.
Season 1 Episodes
Episode 1: Omens of the Inevitable
Really Big Client wants a ben admin system in the worst way… and that’s how they’re going to get it.
Episode 2: The Tech-Only Train Wreck
Reader discretion advised. The resulting train wreck is chilling. Is there a silver lining? Find out next episode.
Episode 3: Clues Among the Wreckage
How did we get here? What made us do it? What did we miss? What did we do wrong?
Episode 4: Searching for the Phoenix
Picking up the pieces and moving on. “There’s gotta be a better way to bring tech to our clients!” Walter implores the benefit gods.
Episode 5: Dashboard Dreams
Cybil hears about an entirely different approach to ben admin. Her investigation and introduction to Ray leads to an unexpected surprise for the entire team.
Episode 6: Leap of Faith
Despite torrents of trepidation, Ray convinces the Mellon’s Place team to try a One-Client Test Drive. The tension is palpable, the sparks fly, and after blinking their eyes a couple of times, they emerge on the other side of a complex OE as heroes.
Episode 7: On-Purpose Prospecting
Juan’s dreams come true. He now has everything he needs – and a team to back him up – for attracting, onboarding and retaining bigger, better clients.
Episode 8: The Dashboard Edge
The entire agency is working together like a finely tuned machine. Every client they choose to work with is engaged in a year-round adventure to make every element of the benefit program work to its maximum potential.