An Email Soap Opera
New from Workforce Junction Studios… just because we can always use a little entertainment to brighten our day.
Tune in to our email soap opera and watch as a lovable cast of characters weather a never-ending storm of market changes, client demands, complex technology, office romance, failures, and triumphs.
The 8 episodes in Season 1 follow the exploits of Mellon Benefits & Associates, LLC located in the fictional city of Beansville, Nebraska. In their own way, each character will overcome personal, social and business challenges to reach new levels of success – alone and together. Filled with drama, comedy and suspense, every episode is sure to touch the hearts and fire up the imaginations of employee benefit professionals everywhere.
Do you know your Mellon’s Place characters?
Cast of Characters
- Walter Mellon: Agency principal, known as “the tinkerer” who is always looking to do things differently (not always better), and determined to take the agency to the next level.
- Dee Zaster: Client service team leader and relationship guru yearning for recognition and a chance to change the world.
- Juan Manband: Producer with a (mostly) well-hidden inferiority complex who dreams of becoming more than a sales person.
- Cybil Wrights: Account manager with an eidetic memory who never forgets a name. She lives and breathes the lives of every client she serves.
- Earl E. Bird: Second-generation business owner striving to protect his parents’ legacy while following his own path for the business he has inherited.
- Ray Sersharpe: Relationship-first zealot who’s dedicated his life to making technology work for people like our cast of characters.
Season 1 Episodes
Episode 1: Omens of the Inevitable
Really Big Client wants a ben admin system in the worst way… and that’s how they’re going to get it.
Episode 2: The Tech-Only Train Wreck
Reader discretion advised. The resulting train wreck is chilling. Is there a silver lining? Find out next episode.
Episode 3: Clues Among the Wreckage
How did we get here? What made us do it? What did we miss? What did we do wrong?
Episode 4: Searching for the Phoenix
Picking up the pieces and moving on. “There’s gotta be a better way to bring tech to our clients!” Walter implores the benefit gods.
Episode 5: Dashboard Dreams
Cybil hears about an entirely different approach to ben admin. Her investigation and introduction to Ray leads to an unexpected surprise for the entire team.
Episode 6: Leap of Faith
Despite torrents of trepidation, Ray convinces the Mellon’s Place team to try a One-Client Test Drive. The tension is palpable, the sparks fly, and after blinking their eyes a couple of times, they emerge on the other side of a complex OE as heroes.
Episode 7: On-Purpose Prospecting
Juan’s dreams come true. He now has everything he needs – and a team to back him up – for attracting, onboarding and retaining bigger, better clients.
Episode 8: The Dashboard Edge
The entire agency is working together like a finely tuned machine. Every client they choose to work with is engaged in a year-round adventure to make every element of the benefit program work to its maximum potential.